Google is undoubtedly a very big part of the internet. Its like an internet mother, it knows exactly where everything is. Also Google has a reputation for never ever being unavailable. Ever wondered what is the hardware powering all this like? Well wonder no more. Some good soul at Google decided to release some pictures to all of us. The data centers are not a secretive mystery anymore.
So without further ado, here is the LINK.
Also Note, Google has made three sections: The Tech, The People & The Places.
The tech part is self explanatory. You cant really use stones of granite to make a digital computer. But the People and the Place part is interesting. As it had been a trend with Google, they seem to really focus on their people and the community around them. I dont own Google shares, just to be clear. But with no vested interest I can freely say, Google certainly has their priorities right.
Also some random observations:
- Google loves to colour everything in its data center with every possible colour combination. Neat little organization trick.
- Google does not over stuff the racks with computers anymore.
- The dead computers are actually removed. For those who dont know, in the very early days google just left dead hardware as it was.
- People ride bicycles in the data centers.
- Even those bicycles are colourful.
- There are a lot of randomly hanging chains in the data centers. I wonder why.
- The welding masks at google have graffiti like cartoons on them.
- Google employees always wear google clothing.
Tags: data centers, data centers of google, Google, google data centres, heart of the internet